Monday, February 14, 2011

Ponderings

I wanted to take this opportunity to say how blessed I feel right now.
I know in all my posts it looks like I have a good time all the time and that it's a party 24/7. Not so at all. (That's just when I take the pics.) Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, sometimes I feel like I can't do it all, sometimes there are decisions to make that I feel confused and lost about, sometimes all we can do is cry. Sometimes the only person that pull us through is ourselves relying on our Heavenly Father. Sometimes the only thing that can get us through the day is faith and prayer. Sometimes there are tests - not just the pencil-and-paper-oh-my-gosh-I-hope-I-studied-everything test, but also things that test our spiritual strength and our capabilities. Sometimes the only thing I want to do is hold my fuzzy brown pillow and scream.

But then remember that I am blessed. Why? I have the most wonderful family in the world. I have my best friends here to support and comfort me. I live in a beautiful place, where the air is clean and the mountains surround you and everything is good. Sometimes I feel grateful for the little things too - like having my own laptop and getting new pens from the bookstore or like this morning, when my roommates had decorated the whole kitchen with streamers and flowers and pink and more pink for my birthday! I am grateful for the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father. I am blessed to have the knowledge of the restored gospel. I am blessed to have people around me who feel the same. I am blessed to be able to have trials so I can grow. I am blessed because I know who I am and I know where I can go for help. I am blessed. Take this Valentine's Day and this week to let those you love know that you feel blessed because of them.

Happy Valentine's Day! ♥

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love your strong testimony and faith in Heavenly Father and your amazing ability to recognize all your many blessings! You have absolutely inspired me!

    ReplyDelete