



Keith, his friend George, and 8 other people (family and friends) took a road trip up to Idaho to go cross country skiing this last weekend!
It was the most fun I had ever had outdoors in the snow.
For those who don't know what cross country skiing is, you just ski along a pre-made track in the snow through trees, up and over hills, through the canyons, etc. I think the trail we went on was about 2.5 miles long. The snow was literally 6 feet deep in some spots! Fences that would normally be used to keep in horses and cows came up right to our ankles.
I recommend it for anyone wanting a fun date, a fun family trip, or if you just need some alone time. It was amazing being in that kind of environment, with no sounds of traffic or the city, it was just pure wilderness. Every now and then we would stop to take pictures of the view. I thought for a while that I was in Narnia! Everything was so beautiful. It made me appreciate all that Heavenly Father and Jesus created for us. Here we are, insignificant humans, dust of the earth, and we get to live on this absolutely gorgeous world. I felt small and I felt blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment