Sunday, August 28, 2011

Me as a Bridesmaid!

Claire, one of my roommates from freshman year, got engaged to a fabulous returned missionary during winter semester and got married in the Salt Lake City Temple on August 19th.

That day was so beautiful! The sun was shining and you could just feel the happiness radiating from the two newly weds. I'm so happy for Claire and I'm so excited for her to spend happily ever after with Paul!

First, we dressed up in Sunday best that morning and went to watch Claire and Paul come out of the temple after the wedding ceremony. Claire came out of the doors with the biggest smile on her face and she threw her arms up in the air and Paul kissed her. How cute is that?? Trying to take pictures was interesting because the sun was right in our eyes and we were trying our best to look serious while laughing because we were squinting so hard!

Later, we went to her luncheon in the Joseph Smith memorial building, on the highest floor. The neat thing about the luncheon is that the windows looked right out at the temple spires. Claire's family and Paul's family each talked a little, and it was clear that both families were happy and excited for the couple. Paul read a list of analogies of how much he loved Claire which was hilarious! The food was great and the atmosphere was positively lovely.

After the luncheon all of us roommies went back to Annie's house and got dressed in our bridesmaid skirts, which Claire's older sister Kelly, had made custom for each of us. We got to the reception place early to take pictures with the groomsmen. The reception area was beautiful and decorated in pale spring flowers. I felt so happy there! I know that Claire and Paul were meant to be.

Check out a few pics! Click them to see a bigger view :)

 From left to right: Claire's family friend, me, Annie, Claire, Audrey, Kristen, Laryssa, another friend
 "Get sassy!" said the photographer... :)
 The original roommies by the Salt Lake City temple reflection pool
 The bridesmaids and the groomsmen! (Keep in mind we did not know these boys until just that night!) I am the third girl from the right ... Bryce helped me hold my bouquet haha!
 Claire and I :)
 Silly gals!
 Laryssa and I being silly!
 Bridesmaids! Very cute!
 With the bride

My favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment