Friday, November 18, 2011

Little Moments

This week has been long. So this weekend, I'm appreciating the little moments.

Today I borrowed my roommate's bike and rode to the grocery store all by myself.
I didn't have to wait on anyone, I didn't have to be waited on. I had my own transportation and I intended to leave when I wanted.

My grocery list:
Honey Bunches of Oats (Family Size)
Cotton balls
Soap
Juice
Gum (Orbit!)
Magazines

I got the few things I needed and spent a substantial amount of time in the magazine section and walked out with Discover and Popular Science. I miss being able to read those at home on our fuzzy living room floor. And I just needed some good brain food.

The ride home was snowy and cold but I felt adventurous, zipping over curbs and sliding around on the wet leaves, avoiding cars and mailboxes.

Tonight is a date night with me, myself and I and I love it!

Tonight's activities include: a nice big mug of hot cocoa combined with some good reading.

I'm up for it.

It's little moments like these when I am happy to be alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment